NATIONWIDE PEAK® 10 FIXED INDEXED ANNUITY
Alliance Bernstein Growth and Value Balanced IndexSM
Designed to deliver growth to investors, exclusively available within Nationwide Peak® 10 fixed indexed annuity.
Generate consistent returns while maintaining balance to navigate changing markets
A focused equity approach that opportunistically rotates between growth and value stocks
Domestic stocks and bonds
Uses a risk-driven approach that allocates more assets into stocks when markets are calm and into bonds when markets are stressed
How the index adapts to conditions
As economic and market indicators dictate the need for adjustments, the AB Growth and Value Balanced Index takes the following steps to reposition the portfolio.
Step 1: Creating the equity sleeve
• Based on designated signals, the index calculates the momentum of each equity market and dynamically shifts to overweight growth or value.
• Then it uses a risk control process to smooth volatility to a 5% annualized target.
Step 2: Building the bond sleeve
• Based on designated signals, the index calculates the momentum of each bond market and allocates between 10-year and 2-year bonds
• This is to help reduce the interest rate sensitivity in challenging markets and help enhance diversification in less volatile markets
Step 3: Combining into one portfolio
• The index combines the equity and bond sleeves into one portfolio
• It uses a risk control process again to smooth overall volatility to a 5% annualized target
How this strategy has performed in the past
Growth and value are two fundamental types of equity investing, and they complement each other. Using them together can help expand opportunities with equity investing. See how this strategy has performed in the past by clicking on the button.
Impact of Volatility
These tables show index returns and what returns for those same indexes would look like when selected within a Nationwide Peak® 10 fixed indexed annuity with one-year terms and caps. The AB Growth and Value Balanced Index has more consistent returns and fewer instances of zero returns.
Already an Agent?
Receive all your resources in a simple click including agent-facing tools and information to provide ease of use for agents when marketing Peak 10.